question

Sean Archer avatar image
Sean Archer asked

Fixed-Layout ebook for Fire - Two Page Spread?

I'm having a hard time finding out if it's possible to do a two-page-spread in a Kindle Fire kids' ebook. I've done an iBooks version which opens automatically in a landscape two-page spread, and then you can double-tap to zoom onto the page you want to read. That way you can see the full image (which on some pages covers two pages), and then go in for a read. When I've done the conversion of this epub to .mobi, it eliminates that, and I get only single pages. Can someone point me to a good resource, and/or explain how I could tweak my code to do this? Another question I had: has Fire caught up to apple in terms of embedding a read aloud narration yet? I've got my entire book read by me page by page, with sound effects, and it highlights as you read. This is part of the code of the epub. Last I read, it seems like the only way to do this in Fire, is to upload the whole audio file to audible, and the person has to purchase both book and audiobook, then they can use amazon's software to sync them. Is there really no way to embed the sound files?
fire tablet
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Sean, Can you provide us sample code to demonstrate the issue? We do not have any embedded read aloud narrator in Kindle Fire devices.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sean Archer avatar image
Sean Archer answered
Here's the code in epub. This is the mechanism that causes the book to open in landscape, and in a two-page spread. I'm looking for the same kind of thing in kindle. pre-paginated landscape landscape
10 |5000

Sean Archer avatar image
Sean Archer answered
Does that exist in Kindle format?
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Sean, Sorry for taking time to reply. I think you have posted in the wrong forum. This is the forum for discussion on app development issues for Kindle Fire devices. You should post your query in Amazon KDP Support forum for getting further assistance on this https://kdp.amazon.com/community/index.jspa All the best.
10 |5000