question

Atrus avatar image
Atrus asked

Kindle Fire HD7 won't connect to adb on Mac

I just got my new Kindle Fire HD&, and the firmware upgraded itself to 4.5.4. I've been using adb on my MacBook Pro with a variety of Android devices for some time. My adb is currently 1.0.29. I've followed the instructions here: https://developer.amazon.com/appsandservices/resources/development-tools/ide-tools/tech-docs/05-setting-up-your-kindle-fire-tablet-for-testing - with the exception that I can't find a setting for "Allow USB debugging?". I do have "Enable ADB" turned on in[i] Developer Options[/i]. Can anyone help with this? Thanks. Walt
fire tablet
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Ross@Amazon avatar image
Ross@Amazon answered
The "Allow USB debugging?" dialog should pop up on the screen of your tablet once it recognizes that it is connected to your computer through ADB. If you are not seeing this dialog box it is most likely because your computer does not recognize the tablet. Since you are using a Mac drivers should not be an issue. Update ADB to the latest version (1.0.32), open Android Studio or Eclipse, and try connecting the tablet again.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.