question

jhample avatar image
jhample asked

Failing for Unreproducable Behavior

My app has failed now 4 or 5 times for things that I cannot reproduce and for other things that I know are functioning perfectly fine. I have attempted to contact Amazon using the Contact form to try and figure out what is going on, but I am not getting any response. My app is failing for "No functionality is performed" on my IAPs. Do the testers have the SDK Tester installed on their units? Because that is the only thing I can think of that would cause that behavior. My IAP work perfectly fine on my Fire TV, Fire HDX, and Nexus 7. I have 0 issues with them on all of my test devices. Other times they have said that the metadata of the prices did not match the price shown in the game. The prices that were shown in the game matched the prices that I had set in the developer console. So I am not sure where they were getting this incorrect metadata. The most recent rejection (wasn't an issue the last half dozen times) also mentioned that they could not select the "back" icon in a menu, that is because the back button exists on the controller and remote. You can use that to go back. I am getting really frustrated for failing things that I know work. I have wasted a week and a half submitting build after build of nearly identical games, hoping that I fixed something that I cannot reproduce. It really seems like the testers have no real system. What one test thinks was fine another will come back and fail me for. Some say the IAP fail, others do not. I have no idea what to fix. But the biggest issue seems to be the IAPs. I assume since the test apps are not live the testers have to make sure they have the SDK Tester installed.
fire tvsubmission testing distribution
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jhample avatar image
jhample answered
I finally got a reply about my IAP issues with some more details that helped me find the issues they were experiencing. Still I wish the first bunch of reviews took the time to give the small details that this last person did.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Jordan, Thank you for reaching out. Good to know that you got your queries clarified. I think you should have a better visibility on how IAP works in sandbox and live environment to solve SKU mismatch issue in your app. First, Sandbox testing using SDK tester and json data is only for the developers, not for our testers. You as a developer need to make sure that IAP integration in your app works fine in sandbox before you submit the app. You should add first all your IAP items in the console for your app. In sandbox, you should always use the josn what is available in your developer console account for your app to make sure you are using the items defined exactly as in live. If you do that you wont even face any SKU mismatch while we test your app in live. Our review team takes your app for testing and the build they test, it points to the live IAP items. They do not have any sandbox settings in the testing handset. So if you follow the above steps correctly, things should work correctly in live. Let me know if you have still doubt. Thanks.
10 |5000

jhample avatar image
jhample answered
Just got approved. Thanks for your help.
10 |5000