question

Jon R. Helms avatar image
Jon R. Helms asked

App Update on FireTV

Is there a way to force an update of an app on FireTV? My app was approved earlier today and I haven't found a way to update my FireTVs without uninstalling and reinstalling. I don't have any option under the app when in Apps to update (I have seen it at times on other apps) and checking for a system update doesn't trigger it. If I go into Apps -> More Info -> App Details I see the new version number, but the installed app is still the old version and Settings -> Applications shows the old version number. Primarily I want to know what I should expect for auto-updating and be able to communicate to my users what they should expect for when an app will auto-update and if there is a way to manually do it without uninstalling and reinstalling.
fire tvsubmission testing distribution
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi, In the App's home screen in Fire TV, there are 2 buttons available named "Open" and "Uninstall" under each icon of the app in the carousel displayed. There, you should be able to see a third button named "Update" in the middle of other 2 buttons if a newer version is available in the store. Selecting that you should be able to update the app.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jon R. Helms avatar image
Jon R. Helms answered
Update was not showing. Is there a way to trigger the FireTV to look for updates? One of my FireTVs had updated automatically, but another was still on the old version of the app and did not have the update button.
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Can you provide the app info through ContactUs? We need to investigate the problem. If update is live then button should be enabled automatically. I am unable to track any app that is submitted by you because the account you are using to post here is not associated with any vendor account. Please provide us the app information through ContactUs so that we can take a look. Thanks.
10 |5000