question

Jon R. Helms avatar image
Jon R. Helms asked

Testing App Icon

Since deploying an app to my Fire TV through ADP only puts it in Settings->Applications (which sucks), how are we supposed to see how the icon looks on the Fire TV? It also makes it harder to test, I would love to let my daughter use the app any time she wants, but because it is behind the Instant Video PIN she would also know the PIN to buy other content. Please let us get our development app icon onto the main screen.
fire tvsubmission testing distribution
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jhample avatar image
jhample answered
I second this. Took me a while to even realize where my app went. Putting the icon on the home screen would be a huge help, or at least an option to pin to the home screen.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Thank you for taking time to share your feed back. I will share your valuable comments with internal team.
10 |5000

breakmachine avatar image
breakmachine answered
Is there anyway of creating a shortcut? Maybe via adb?
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Unfortunately not you can not create any softlink for the apps installed in Fire TV. But you can always run below command to start your app remotely if you are connected through ADB. adb shell am start -n com.package.name/com.package.name.ActivityName
10 |5000