question

shinyboxllc avatar image
shinyboxllc asked

Do we (developers) have to support Fire TV Remote functionality in game?

We were recently rejected because our App does not support Fire TV Remote support. I have looked in the provided documentation but cannot find where this is a requirement. Also, looking through the games on the App store I see that some support "Game Controller" some support "Fire TV Remote" and some games support both. Is there a step I am missing in the submission process? Can I flag our title as "Game Controller" only? Thanks for any advice you can provide!
fire tvsubmission testing distribution
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

shinyboxllc avatar image
shinyboxllc answered
Here is a thread I ran across on these forums: https://forums.developer.amazon.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=3302&tstart=60 It states we can submit our titles without a Controller Config file, but does not address the over all question of how I would go about removing support for Fire TV Remote. Thanks again!
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Todd, The controller config file is no longer required for app submission now that we've launched. We have received your case through ContactUs and we are actively following up with concerned team here. We will get back to you shortly. Thanks.
10 |5000

shinyboxllc avatar image
shinyboxllc answered
Thanks very much for the response. For all those interested: When submitting your binary file to amazon for testing there is a "Testing Instructions" section. Make sure you call out what controllers are supported for your title in this note section and they will test accordingly. Message was edited by: shinyboxllc
10 |5000