question

fmapps avatar image
fmapps asked

App approval problems

I submitted an app several days ago. I was told it needed some adjustments, specifically that it needed to grab Audio Focus away from any apps that might be playing music in the background. I fixed it, and tested using the prescribed steps with Pandora as well as with the Amazon Music player. It worked properly. I resubmitted, and was told the same thing again about the Audio Focus. I retested to make sure it wasn't just a fluke when my code had worked earlier. It still worked, so I resubmitted. Now it's back in Pending Action again. But no e-mail has been sent saying why. I opened a support case with the contact form yesterday, and still have not heard back. This is very frustrating. The whole development process with Fire TV (beginning with a lack of good documentation and actual working samples) has really made me wonder how badly Amazon wants people to develop apps for it. Is someone there that cares?
fire tvsubmission testing distribution
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

fmapps avatar image
fmapps answered
I finally got a response back, but I had to open a support case to get it.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Melody avatar image
Melody answered
Hi fmapps, I'm sorry that there was a delayed response to your support case. Please understand that we take protecting your personal information very seriously, especially in public spaces. As a result, we do not discuss the details of specific applications on these discussion forums. If you have further app-specific questions, we encourage you to reach out to us via our Contact Us form ( https://developer.amazon.com/help/contactus.html ). This will allow us to validate your identity and discuss app specific information in a context that will not expose your personal and proprietary information.
10 |5000