question

A.B. avatar image
A.B. asked

What does it take for FTV app to show under "Games > Puzzles & trivia"?

Three days ago i published an app for FTV and it is accessible either on the web (product page - by e.g. searching for "tangrams firetv") or on the player (by searching for "tangrams" - good luck saying that so that Voice Search will understand - btw is possible w/about 10% chance). However it does not show up under its category, which is Games > Puzzles & trivia. What gives, i wonder? Is inclusion in category something that has to be manually curated - or is there a bug/delay in auto-updating? It has been properly indicated to be in the category "Games - Puzzles & trivia" [Steps to reproduce - on FireTV stick, go to "Games", then "Categories", then scroll to "Puzzles & Trivia" tile. It lists 39 titles there and "Tangrams" is NOT one of them. Alternatively, on the Amazon.com, go to "Appstore for Android", then "FireTV apps" from top bar, then "Games" from the side bar, then "Puzzles & Trivia (66)". Can further filter to "Fire TV Stick (39)" and again - my app is nowhere to be found.]
fire tvsubmission testing distribution
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

A.B. avatar image
A.B. answered
Trying to figure out the issue on my own, i looked for other apps that are - published recently - for FTV - that show in category Games>Puzzles. Hangman TV (October 4, 2015 , http://www.amazon.com//dp/B0165XA54Q) Birdie Bubble Shooter (October 31, 2015 http://www.amazon.com/EntwicklerX-Birdie-Bubble-Shooter/dp/B017DVK64S) Maze (The Amazing Labyrinth) (November 7, 2015 http://www.amazon.com//dp/B017O0RG1Y) Of these, "Hangman TV" is FTV-only like my app, so it's not like it has to support other FIre/Android devices to be properly categorized. "Birdie Bubble Shooter" and "Maze" have 0 reviews, so it's not like the system is waiting for particular rating to file game under sub-category. And "Maze" has just been published and is already filed under "Puzzles", meaning there is no delay in auto-updates. So it remains mystery: WTH is going on?
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Leia@Amazon avatar image
Leia@Amazon answered
We are still researching your inquiry with teams at Amazon and we will respond to your contact us when we have an update. Thank you for your patience.
10 |5000

A.B. avatar image
A.B. answered
Yup - case #1534355401 from 11/1, still waiting. I feel very uncomfortable about Amazon AppStore staff's ability solving trivial problems. Consider this: i did nothing wrong and yet publishing got screwed up. That would be fine if you could at least find out what's wrong on your side - but for 24 days and counting, there is no person that can perform such a miracle as a simple DB lookup! Let me try to do some of your job - and perhaps by helping you i can help myself? By reviewing the case i notice that first i reported the category as "Puzzles & Trivia" and now it is somehow named "Brain & Puzzle". I am reasonably sure i did not misspeak typing either time. Seems the category got renamed on your side some time between 10/30 and ummm, say 11/6 Now, in principle renaming should not cause an issue (presumably server-side for the subcategory a numeric value is used and then mapped to string for display). In particular in dev.console, tab "general info", category shows now "Games > Brain & puzzle" - so it seems everything was renamed right. But considering *something* is still wrong... an idea for your crack-team of researchers, could whatever renaming happened have something to do with my troubles?
10 |5000