question

wayne avatar image
wayne asked

Is there way to deep link into an app inner page on Fire tv?

Can I deep link into a specific page on my app ? Thanks
fire tvsubmission testing distribution
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
Hi, Could you clarify a bit more on where the link would be coming from? I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be technically possible, but it will depend on where the link is coming from and where the intent filter and receiver are configured to go in your app. -Nick
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

deanlach avatar image
deanlach answered
Here's the answer per https://developer.amazon.com/public/solutions/devices/fire-tv/docs/amazon-fire-tv-sdk-frequently-asked-questions Q: Can I open an advertisement in the default web browser? A: Amazon Fire TV does not include a browser app, so links to all URLs (advertisements or otherwise) do not work. You can use the Android WebView if you need to include a link to a web page in your app. Note, however, that the Android WebView requires you to manage your own cookies and authentication, as well as handle input events from controllers. (WebView in Android does support D-Pad navigation, but layout and navigation may need review.) See the blog post Using WebViews on Tablets with HD Screens for tips on implementing an Android WebView. Although this post is specific to tablets, the advice can also be applied to TV.
10 |5000

wayne avatar image
wayne answered
Hi, i created app on FireTV, when i submited to Live App Testing, and go to More infor app, and i see Works With is no controller support. How fixe on that? Thanks
10 |5000

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
Hi, Remote control support on the listing page is added when you submit your app to live. When you have only submitted an app for live app testing, it will have the incorrect badging. This will be fixed once you actually submit your application. -Nick
10 |5000