question

Amazon Customer avatar image
Amazon Customer asked

More than 5 option menu items not handled properly by Fire TV.

Some apps have more than 5 menu items (click Menu button). Normally, android adds a "More" button and allows user to select from the additional menu items. On Fire TV, the More button is available and when clicked, the list is shown BUT THE USER CANNOT SELECT ANY OF THE ITEMS.
fire tv
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi, I think you are using minSdkVersion less than 11 in manifest. Beginning with Android 3.0 (API level 11), Android-powered devices are no longer required to provide a dedicated Menu button. http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/ui/menus.html The issue you have reported is with the old style menu in Fire OS (Kindle Fire HDX devices and Fire TV). Please note this old style menu is not recommended for Fire Apps. Though I will report this issue to concerned team here. I have checked with a sample app by running it in Fire TV and it's having minSdkVersion set as 11 and I found that the menus (checked with 10 items) are appearing as drop down in the right top in Fire TV and all the items are clickable. Thanks for bringing this into our notice.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.