question

Aqualung avatar image
Aqualung asked

FireTV Stick CEC?

Is the FireTV supposed to wake up my TV when one presses the FireTV Stick remote buttons? As far as I can tell, this happens once in a blue moon with my stick...
fire tv
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

DougM@Amazon avatar image
DougM@Amazon answered
Hello Aqualung, Since this is more of a customer inquiry rather than a FireTV development one, we would implore you to seek assistance with Amazon Customer Service, as they would be best equipped to help you. Please go to the following link and we will assist you as soon as we can. http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us/ref=hp_ss_comp_cu_v4?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201452450
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

70decilon avatar image
70decilon answered
I hope I'm not out of place posting here. I got my FireTV Stick last week. It is plugged in to a HDMI port on my Yamaha RX-V867 receiver, which has a single HDMI cable to my Sharp LC-60LE632U TV. Both the TV and the reciever are approximately 2 years old. From an "all off" condition, when I press a button on the FireTV Stick remote, first my TV powers on, followed approx 2 seconds later by my receiver powering on with the FireTV HDMI input selected. This is regardless of which HDMI input was last used. So in my case the answer is yes, the FireTV stick always causes the TV and receiver to power on. I actually came here looking for a solution to a "problem" this CEC thing causes. I would like to be able to have my TV off and use only the FireTV stick and my receiver to play music. I have found no way to turn my TV off without causing the FireTV and my receiver to also turn off! (I've tried things like changing the HDMI input selection on the television - this also causes the FireTV and receiver to power down)
10 |5000