question

Dan Gerson avatar image
Dan Gerson asked

FireTV no longer going to sleep

Hi- I've owned my FireTV since it came out, works awesome. Primarily use it for Plex, Netflix, and Prime video. Over the past week, there must have been an update (one for netflix too), but the device no longer goes to sleep. The white light is always on. Previously the device would sleep, then touching the remote would not only turn on the FireTV, but my Samsung LED TV as well - which was great. I probably leave the Netflix app open before going to bed, so maybe that new update is the culprit. Anyone else seeing these issues?
fire tv
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dan Gerson avatar image
Dan Gerson answered
After some further testing- its definitely the new Netflix app. It does not allow the FireTV to go into sleep mode when not in use. Is there a different forum for app issues?
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

steves91 avatar image
steves91 answered
I'm noticing the same thing. To get around the bug I am just going back to the home screen after I'm done using netflix and the fire tv goes to sleep after 30 minutes like normal.
10 |5000

Larry Lewis avatar image
Larry Lewis answered
I'm having the same problem. The box was still on this morning after watching Netflix last night. I went back to "home", I'll see if it goes into sleep mode in 30 minutes.
10 |5000

Sanyu avatar image
Sanyu answered
Thanks for letting us know. We have forwarded this info to our reps that work with Netflix.
10 |5000

Troy Pugliese avatar image
Troy Pugliese answered
This is my biggest complaint about my FireTV. I hope they make a change to the Netflix app so it will sleep/close when there is no activity. If not I may go back to my AppleTV.
10 |5000