question

Kirk avatar image
Kirk asked

audio drops / skips

Alright. Here we we go. I side loaded xbmc and just recently started to get audio dropouts/skips/breaks when playing an .avi file from my Qnap home server. At first I thought it was XBC settings. Changed a couple settings. .. nothing worked and went back to original working settings. Then I exited out of xbmc and started NETFLIX. same audio problem of drops/skips/breaks. Unplugged fire tv. Plugged in and tried both apps again. No go. Frustrated. Turned on xbox360 played netflix just fine. Played files from Qnap on the stock video player just fine. Fire tv has been updated awhile ago. I think my network is fine, xbox 360 played netflix and network video without issues. I even unplugged hdmi cable. No go either. Anyone have such issues? Any ideas? Thanks for the feedback.
fire tv
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
AVI media is not officially supported on Fire TV. Please check out the media specification document for Fire TV https://developer.amazon.com/public/solutions/devices/fire-tv/docs/media-specifications Thanks.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Kirk avatar image
Kirk answered
I understand that .avi isn't supported BUT that does not explain why NETFLIX is having the same audio problems.
10 |5000

Kirk avatar image
Kirk answered
I think I found out the problem. My hdmi switch didn't like the fire tv. So I bypassed the switch in my setup. Just FYI if you hook up though a hdmi switch the fire tv may confuse the switch.
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Krik, Thank you for sharing information. Appreciated. Thanks.
10 |5000

Tom Constance avatar image
Tom Constance answered
Having the same issues with Directv. Audio continually drops when the Fire Stick is plugged in. Stops when it is disconnected.
10 |5000