question

morty346 avatar image
morty346 asked

Fire TV Game Circle Invalid API Key - API key shows different within GameCe

I am putting GameCircle in my Fire TV app - however when I go to run the app I get an: IllegalArgumentException: Invalid API Key Failed to decode: decoding fails: certificate fingerprint can't be verified! Unable to read api key. GameCircle requires an api key to be included in assets/ api_key.txt. GameCircle will not initlize The thing is - I have an api key that I have placed there, so why is this happening? I have verified my looks correct in the developer console under security profile it says Game is associated with com.c4.pc security profile everything looks correct, under the Android Settings tab the API Key Name, package and signature all look correct (I have verified the signature with multiple online MD5 generators with my keystore file. When I go under GameCircle and look at my API Keys and click 'Obtain API Key' it has the same key name, package name and signature BUT THE API KEY IS DIFFERENT! Shouldn't they be the same?
fire tv
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
Hi, The API key actually changes every time you go to the page, this is by design. That should not be the issue here, as every API key generated from that page should work fine from your app. Are you sure you have the key in the right folder in your project, and that the certificate that you are using to sign your app is the same as the one you entered in the developer portal when you created your security key?
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.