question

Jon R. Helms avatar image
Jon R. Helms asked

FireTV not in Device Manager - W10 & Fire OS 5

I've recently "upgraded" my development machine to Windows 10 and AndroidStudio seems to work fine, but I don't see Fire TV in device manager anymore. No Unknown or Other devices, no ADB section. I have connected with ADB and my command prompt is showing "connected to [ip]:5555" which is the IP of my FireTV. When I go to run/debug in Android Studio my FireTV does not show up. I'm on Windows 10 x64 and I have upgraded my Fire TV to Fire OS 5 and see my app isn't working, so I want to get it updated.
fire tv
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jon R. Helms answered
Just noticed I forgot to ask the question... Anyone know what I'm forgetting? I'm sure I did something stupid.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jon R. Helms answered
Ok, no clue why but I plugged in a Fire HD 7 tablet and then both suddenly appeared in the list.
10 |5000