question

Elias avatar image
Elias asked

Can't connect to Fire TV Stick via wireless ADB after PC USB connection

I connected one of my Fire TV Sticks to my Mac's USB port because it was a more convenient source of power than the power adapter. After doing so, I can no longer connect to this particular Fire TV Stick via wireless ADB even if I use the power adapter. I can connect to my other Fire TVs and Fire TV Sticks just fine, but not this one. And this one was connecting fine to wireless ADB before I plugged it into the Mac's USB port. While investigating the issue I discovered that the Fire TV Stick had connected to the Mac via ADB over USB. Running "adb devices" showed the Fire TV Stick's serial number as a connected device. I suspect that connecting over USB caused it to permanently switch to only ADB over USB. While connected via ADB over USB, I ran "adb shell netstat | grep 5555" and found that nothing was listening. I ran "adb shell setprop service.adb.tcp.port 5555" and then "adb shell getprop | grep adb" and got the following: [init.svc.adbd]: [running] [persist.sys.usb.config]: [adb] [service.adb.tcp.port]: [5555] [sys.usb.config]: [adb] [sys.usb.state]: [adb] I also tried running "abd tcpip" and "adb tcpip 5555", and I tried a factory reset. Nothing I do can get it to connect to a wireless ADB connection. How can I restore wireless ADB capabilities?
fire tv
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
I've gone through the same steps you have, and I can't seem to reproduce the issue. I connected to the stick via wireless adb, then wired, then wireless again without any issues. Can you make sure you have the latest software build installed?
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Elias avatar image
Elias answered
Thank you for your response. The next time the Stick updated its software, wireless ADB started to work again. I have not since connected it via USB to my computer.
10 |5000

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
Glad you were able to get it to work. Feel free to let us know if you have any more questions. -Nick
10 |5000