question

thierryybb avatar image
thierryybb asked

Trying to play PlayReady content using VisualOn

Hi, I'm currently trying to play PlayReady protected content on my fire TV using VisualOn sdk and an instance of the amznPlayer class. I manage to play the sample movie correctly. The problem with my PlayReady content is that when I call open then start on the amznPlayer (sync mode) I don't get any errors. Same if I put in async mode the listener reports that everything is fine. (Duration of the media is set afterwards) But if I subclass AmznPlayer to check if I get the onVOSyncEvent that will trigger the call to my playready license server it doesn't and I just get VO_OSMP_SRC_CB_SYNC_IO_HTTP_START_DOWNLOAD messages for the fragments. I set up a custom license retriever too but the problem is that the player never calls neither the license server or license retriever. It ends up with a black screen or sometime some frozen half decoded pic. Any idea why ? Cheers, Thierry
fire tv
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

thierryybb avatar image
thierryybb answered
After further investigation I know get the lincenser server to call but I get an error Codec not supported using H264 that should be supported by VisualOn?
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

thierryybb avatar image
thierryybb answered
So yes my investigation lead me to this: if I use the flag VO_OSMP_DEC_VIDEO_SW for the decoder type then I get a CODEC Not supported error, if I use VO_OSMP_DEC_VIDEO_MEDIACODEC then everything is fine but I get one image on screen then it freezes aon a MediaCodec error. I should be able to use the software codec VO_OSMP_DEC_VIDEO_SW though, as H.264 is supported. Any idea why this happens ? I'm stuck.
10 |5000