question

chwilly avatar image
chwilly asked

Target non Amazon device

The app submission process for Amazon is overly bloated and complicating. It says here "With the Amazon device targeting feature, you target specific APKs for a single app to specific Amazon devices, and target a single, general APK to all other non-Amazon Android devices." Can I submit apps restricted to non- Amazon devices? If so then how? I am trying to submit an app but do not see where this is an option. It was denied because of non compatibility with Fire. I'm not interested in targeting the Kindle Fire.
amazon appstore
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Bipin@Amazon avatar image
Bipin@Amazon answered
You should be able to find "Device Support" section in the "Binary File(S)" tab with options to check/uncheck all Amazon devices and/or non -mazon devices for your current submission. Please select only the devices you intend to target with this binary file. If you are providing multiple binaries, options selected here will be disabled on subsequent uploads.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.