question

jhample avatar image
jhample asked

Unity Controller Plugin

Do you plan on releasing a plugin for Unity to use all of the buttons on the controller? The media buttons and home button are inaccessible. I would like to use the Home/GameCircle button to display GameCircle like many of the released games. For any other Unity users here are the currently available control keycodes: Remote: Up- KeyCode.UpArrow Down- KeyCode.DownArrow Left- KeyCode.LeftArrow Right- KeyCode.DownArrow Center Button- KeyCode.JoystickButton0 Back Button- KeyCode.Escape Menu Button- KeyCode.Menu Controller: Left stick- X axis- x axis Y axis- y axis Button- Keycode.JoystickButton8 Right stick- X axis- 3rd axis Y axis- 4th axis Button- Keycode.JoystickButton9 Dpad- X axis- 5th axis Y axis- 6th axis A- Keycode.JoystickButton0 B- Keycode.JoystickButton1 X- Keycode.JoystickButton2 Y- Keycode.JoystickButton3 L1- Keycode.JoystickButton4 R1- Keycode.JoystickButton5 L2- 13th axis R2- 12th axis Back Button- KeyCode.Escape Menu Button- KeyCode.Menu
fire tv
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
We generally do not answer questions about future products or services, which this falls under. However, I'm going to forward this feedback/suggestion to the concern team. Please stay tuned on Mobile App Distribution Portal or Blogs ( https://developer.amazon.com/blog/index.html) for any updates related to this. Thanks.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David T. Schaller avatar image
David T. Schaller answered
On games made with Unity3d, the Media Buttons are worse than inaccessible: apparently they are disabled, so they prevent controlling other apps, like music playback. Our app was rejected due to this issue, but I cannot find any information about how to solve it. Anyone?
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
10 |5000