question

henryts avatar image
henryts asked

Warning!! amazon will reject your app because of Amazon SDK's bug

I just want to share my experience with all Fire TV developers here. I spent significatnt amount of a time on developmenting an app and Amazon rejected it because of its own bug. I really start to wondering why I spent time on this platform. Here's story Following is message from review email. Observation:- App does not remain stable when controller loses power : Video restarts on detecting a power down in controller. I start to debug code and I found when remote got powered off, OS would try manipulate activity states itself. I have captured InputManager.InputDeviceListener events, so it's not because i didn't handle hardware event. I have asked reviewer to provide more detail information or contact info and then I got same kind of template email back.... There is no official document talking how to handle this. If you are trying to developing a video related app, i think don't bother. it's wasting of your time. I have spent tons of tons of hour and they rejected my app because their own bug.
fire tv
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gav avatar image
Gav answered
Dude, posting the same thing three times, there is no need! https://forums.developer.amazon.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=11127#11127
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
10 |5000