question

J. Saputo avatar image
J. Saputo asked

Reply to comments?

I have a comment for my app that I would like to reply to, but I can't figure out how. I am signed in with my dev account, I went to Amazon.com and found my app, clicked "Comment" next to the review, but it says I must purchase the app before I can leave a comment? It is my app! How do you reply to comments?
amazon appstore
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

StephenC@Amazon avatar image
StephenC@Amazon answered
Just want to make sure we're on the same page -- there are four ways to comment on an app 1) Create Your Own Review 2) Comment on a Review 3) Reply to a Comment 4) Vote a Review as helpful or not. I'm assuming you are trying to "Reply to a Comment". If so there is a link: "reply to comment" below the comment you are viewing. Is that where you're having trouble?
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

J. Saputo avatar image
J. Saputo answered
Yes, I am trying to reply to a comment a customer left for my app. Below the comment there are "Was this review helpful to you?" and "Comment". I select comment, and a comment box opens up, I type in my comment, and click "Get Real Name and Post" (which is the only option other than Cancel). Then I get an error that states "** You must have purchased items from Amazon to post."
10 |5000

Samuel@Amazon avatar image
Samuel@Amazon answered
To enable writing reviews to products on Amazon.com, you must have successfully purchased one product from Amazon. You do not have to purchase the product you are reviewing. If you are doing your purchase first time, then it will take 48 hours to enable your account for writing reviews. Hope this helps.
10 |5000

Samuel@Amazon avatar image
Samuel@Amazon answered
To enable writing reviews to products on Amazon.com, you must have successfully purchased one product from Amazon. You do not have to purchase the product you are reviewing. If you are doing your purchase first time, then it will take 48 hours to enable your account for writing reviews. Hope this helps.
10 |5000

J. Saputo avatar image
J. Saputo answered
Nevermind, I ended up having to just buy my own app....
10 |5000

sam mcneal avatar image
sam mcneal answered
Does payment methods affects one's account for posting/replying General discussions?
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Sam, Thank you for posting. Users payment method does not affect on giving review for an app or commenting on a review. We have already said, to enable writing reviews to products on Amazon.com, you must have successfully purchased one product from Amazon. You do not have to purchase the product you are reviewing. If you are doing your purchase first time, then it will take 48 hours to enable your account for writing reviews.
10 |5000

Games2win avatar image
Games2win answered
Hi Sujoy, I was also having problems replying to user comments. I've logged in through my developer account, but I couldn't comment to many of my users. I got an error saying - '** you must be in good standing in the amazon community to post' What does that mean? How do I get back to replying to my users
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Games2win, I have asked the concerned team regarding the issue you are facing. I will post back after getting response from them. Thanks.
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Games2Win, We have resolved the issue and informed you through mail.
10 |5000