question

Rekire avatar image
Rekire asked

Launcher icon on FireTV

I'm a little confused about launching my app while development. How can I add my icon while development? What are the right dimensions for the launcher icons? I read somewhere that the dimensions are different from stock Android. Can someone tell me the dp size I need? (I can break it down to the real pixel dimensions myself :-)
fire tv
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
In development stage you can not find your app in the Carousel on Fire TV. You can run your app from settings->Application and in the settings you will only see the icon which is embedded in apk's res folder. The icons of live apps on Fire Tablets and Fire TV are dynamically pulled from Amazon Apps. Side-loaded apps cannot use this feature. Once you've submitted your app and it's live on Amazon, your app's appropriate icon will automatically be displayed. Please go through the asset guidelines for app submission on Fire TV https://developer.amazon.com/public/solutions/devices/fire-tv/docs/asset-guidelines-for-app-submission
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.