question

mutex023 avatar image
mutex023 asked

Fire TV - unable to register and get started

Hi all, I had recently attended a Qualcomm developer conference in San Francisco and they had given an Amazon Fire TV to the attendees. I want to develop apps for the Fire TV. But the problem is that from my home in India, I'm unable to even register the device. I created an account on Amazon.com with a US address, but it still fails to sign in. All I want to do is to enable USB debugging (Adb) on the Fire TV, so that I can sideload my app onto it and test it. But there seems to be no way to go into any sort of a 'Settings' menu to enable adb, unless you register the device first. Is there a way to enable usb debugging without registering the Fire TV ? Some 'hot remote key' kind of a thing ? Please help.
fire tv
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Amelia@Amazon avatar image
Amelia@Amazon answered
Hello mutex023, In order to investigate this issue further we will specific information about your device. To protect the personal information of developers, we do not discuss the details of specific issues on these discussion forums. Please reach out to us via our Contact Us form ( https://developer.amazon.com/help/contactus.html ). This will allow us to validate your identity and discuss app specific information in a context that will not expose your personal and proprietary information.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.