question

Amazon Customer avatar image
Amazon Customer asked

Fire Stick control from a webservice outside the network

Hi, I would like to control the fire stick from a web service that is running out on the cloud, not on the local network. The controlling event would be already tied to the user with appropriate authentication, it's just that the event may happen later on in response to some other event. I imagine some sort of API like what the voice command is tied to. Is there any way to do that? Could you point me to the API? Otherwise I have to use some sort of gateway on the local network that can receive commands form the web service and then execute them locally over adb or through an emulated bluetooth controller, which seems redundant since the Fire Stick is already there and I assume already getting pushed events from Amazon? Thanks. -Owen Piette
fire tv
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Amazon Customer avatar image
Amazon Customer answered
Because once I buy an always-on Amazon hardware, I've opened up a gateway for my house. If it's a Fire Phone, Fire TV, Fire Stick, Kindle, Echo, whatever- I have a gateway available for push events from AWS. Somebody in Amazon must realize that this is a key strategic element for the IoT home that is currently missing: the Gateway. So where's the API?
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.