question

D. sandhar avatar image
D. sandhar asked

basic question - will a US fire stick work in the UK?

Hi All, Excuse my very basic question but will a Fire Stick that was purchased in the US work in the UK. I own a Roku which I purchased in Canada last year and it works in the UK where I live. When I says work, I mean my Roku is plugged in to my TV and connected to my wifi and I can watch UK netflix, BBC iPlayer etc. I don't stream any US apps as I am in the UK, which is fine as I only want the UK apps. I want to be able to do the same with the amazon fire stick. I just wanted to check on the forum, as I notice on the UK amazon site there is a fire stick available, but if i buy mine from the US, I would think it should work much like my Roku from Canada worked on the UK? Or does amazon have some sort of region locking on the fire stick? Thanks
fire tv
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Melody avatar image
Melody answered
Hi, Thank you for posting in the forums! Please note that this is a forum for Amazon Appstore developers. For assistance and questions about the Amazon Fire TV Stick as an end user, please contact Amazon Customer Support for assistance at: http://www.amazon.com/customerservice
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.