question

eric-cantona avatar image
eric-cantona asked

Java crash

I've had AVS running on a mac but get a java crash on Windows: Sending 'POST' request to URL : https://access-alexa-na.amazon.com/v1/avs/speechrecognizer/recognize {"messageHeader":{"deviceContext":[{"name":"playbackState", "namespace":"AudioPlayer", "payload":{"streamId":"", "offsetInMilliseconds":"0", "playerActivity":"IDLE"}}]}, "messageBody":{"profile":"dopp ler-scone", "locale":"en-us", "format":"audio/L16; rate=16000; channels=1"}} [WARNING] java.lang.NullPointerException at com.amazon.alexa.avs.AudioCapture.stopCapture(AudioCapture.java:109) at com.amazon.alexa.avs.AVSController.stopRecording(AVSController.java:238) at com.amazon.alexa.avs.AVSApp$1.actionPerformed(AVSApp.java:99) at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2022) at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2346) at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:402) at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:259) at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:376) at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:356) at com.amazon.alexa.avs.AVSApp$1$1.done(AVSApp.java:85) at javax.swing.SwingWorker$5.run(SwingWorker.java:737) at javax.swing.SwingWorker$DoSubmitAccumulativeRunnable.run(SwingWorker.java:832) at sun.swing.AccumulativeRunnable.run(AccumulativeRunnable.java:112) at javax.swing.SwingWorker$DoSubmitAccumulativeRunnable.actionPerformed(SwingWorker.java:842) at javax.swing.Timer.fireActionPerformed(Timer.java:313) at javax.swing.Timer$DoPostEvent.run(Timer.java:245) at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:756) at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97) at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709) at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:75) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:726) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82) I checked my setup by using Robert Salita's automated script and I get the same error. I'm not familar with Java - can anyone help. My path settings (and versions of code) are as follows: SET JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_51 SET MAVEN_PATH=C:\apache-maven-3.3.3 SET NODEJS_PATH=C:\Program Files\nodejs SET OPENSSL_PATH=C:\OpenSSL-Win64 SET REFERENCE_IMPLEMENTATION=C:\AlexaVoiceServiceExamples SET VLC_PATH=C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC
alexa voice service
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Beefalo avatar image
Beefalo answered
It sounds like the app may be having trouble getting your microphone. Does your system have a microphone? Ensure it is set to the default in Control Panel.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

eric-cantona avatar image
eric-cantona answered
That was it. The webcam microphone wasn't being selected. Thanks.
10 |5000