question

arvid avatar image
arvid asked

Deep linking questions

Hi, I want to make a deep link from my app to its rate/review page and the only thing I've got to work for now is the url: "amzn://apps/android?asin= " where I managed to extract the asin from the link provided in the live app testing invite mail. But I read on this forum that "We cannot have an ASIN for an app before submitting the app" so I wonder if this is unsafe and if the asin will change when the app i released. The proposed fix in that post was to use the package name instead, i.e: "amzn://android?p=com.example.package" I also tried another variant that is listed on some pages: "amzn://apps/android?p=com.example.package" but non of the 2 latter formats worked for me. Am I using the wrong package name? I used the one called 'App SKU'. Also, is there an easier way to get the ASIN? And one more thing. Can I deep link directly to the rate/write review page rather rather than the app page? Thanks in advance
amazon appstore
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
You can safely use linking by package name described in the below doc https://developer.amazon.com/public/apis/earn/in-app-purchasing/docs-v2/deep-linking-to-the-amazon-client#Link%20Configuration Since your app has not published yet in Amazon App Store, the link will not work in the development version. But it will start working once the app goes live after review. You can only direct the user only to App detail screen. There is no way you can run a review screen for particular app.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.