question

ronswaine avatar image
ronswaine asked

Device capabilities

When attempting to use a TuneIn command via AVS ReST API, I am told that my device is not compatible, rather than providing a streaming URL, or responding with the data required to complete the command locally. Isn't TuneIn always an available skill? I was expecting one or more of the following: - a way to setup the device profile with a list of capabilities (allowed skills, device hardware abilities (BT, Calling, etc), etc) - a response with a command which I could optionally be able to complete (streamUrl, tuneIn link, skill specific details, etc) - a link / info about requested skill in companion Maybe I missed the part on handling skills somewhere? Any help would be appreciated.
alexa voice service
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Eric@Amazon avatar image
Eric@Amazon answered
TuneIn is only enabled by default for devices, not apps. Are you creating an application? Also, you don't have to do anything special to handle skills - as long as you can handle the directives, you should be good. -Eric
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ronswaine avatar image
ronswaine answered
Thanks for the reply! Am I able to make my profile for a "device" and get a TuneIn directive / stream URL? :P I've written a library in C#, and a GUI to talk to AVS, and am creating a few more interfaces (console, wpf, RPi, ESP8266), and just want to make the most out of them. There's been some oddities (like AVS's bad multipart formatting), but everything seems pretty good.
10 |5000

Eric@Amazon avatar image
Eric@Amazon answered
Yes, using a device profile will allow you access to TuneIn urls. There is no special "TuneIn directive" though. They come in as standard play directives.
10 |5000