question

hichamt avatar image
hichamt asked

Weather respens for "give me the news flash" question ???

Hello everyone, I would like to know why when asked "give me the news flash" in AVS, it repents by the weather? thanks in advance
alexa voice service
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gautam@Amazon avatar image
Gautam@Amazon answered
Hi hichamt, Weather information is part of Flash Briefing. If you wish to turn it Off or enable other sources, you can do so from the Echo/Alexa Companion app. It is under Settings -> Flash Briefing. Please feel free to reach out if you need any additional help. Thank you. ~ Gautam
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hichamt avatar image
hichamt answered
Thank you Gautam the issue is that using AVS, when I ask: Give me the flash news I -only- got the weather, not the BBC headlines while with the same account it's working in our Echo Should I activate something in the ASK console ? Best, Hicham
10 |5000

Eric@Amazon avatar image
Eric@Amazon answered
When you go here: http://alexa.amazon.com/spa/index.html#settings/flash-briefing What options are enabled? Also, to help us debug what's going on, can you send the request id? Thanks, Eric
10 |5000

hichamt avatar image
hichamt answered
Thank you Eric You nailed it ! I only had BBC wich is prerecorded, but nothing TTS based. When I selected "News Headlines" I finally worked. Still, I think this should also work if the user has only Voice based flash news, wich was my case. here is the request id: http://alexa.amazon.com/spa/index.html#settings/dialogs/A1BE86YEEGYC6N#1448204403575 Best Hicham
10 |5000