question

quiztix avatar image
quiztix asked

Amazon Phishing Emails

The first time I wrote this post your website deleted the contents it when I hit preview. We have received multiple emails that are allegedly from Amazon mobile app distribution (complete with logos etc.) however they appear to be phishing emails as they contain NO valid Amazon domains in the links. They contain only mkto-sj080132.com variations. This is quite suspicious so they have all been deleted. Today we received one about: [i]This is to inform you that on 1st November 2014, your agreement with Amazon EU S.à r.l. for the distribution of digital content (and, if applicable, all related amendments, addenda and ancillary agreements) will be transferred to Amazon Media EU S.à r.l. and all rights and obligations of Amazon EU S.à r.l. under this agreement will be assigned to Amazon Media EU S.à r.l. [/i] I am now wondering if the email and previous emails were genuine. How can we tell if all links are obfuscated? If it is indeed genuine then I am concerned that we have missed critical information. In fact I seem to remember at least one email requesting critical tax information - which we obviously didn't provide due to the phishing appearance. This is worrying. Please confirm if these emails are genuine and if so tell us what we may have missed. Also, is it possible to use amazon domain links going forwards? Otherwise how can we tell what is real? Thanks. PS - When I hit preview NO text is shown in the body. I guess I just have to hope for the best. I am using Google Chrome Version 37.0.2062.124 m on Win 8.1.
amazon appstore
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Amelia@Amazon avatar image
Amelia@Amazon answered
Hello quiztix, Thank you for your feedback. We have sent your feedback to the concerned team. We can confirm that the email text referenced in this forum post is from Amazon.com. In order to address your concerns regarding your account, please reach out to us via our Contact Us form ( https://developer.amazon.com/help/contactus.html ). This will allow us to validate your identity and discuss specific information in a context that will not expose your personal and proprietary information.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.