Idea

DannyUK avatar image
DannyUK suggested

Slow down Alexa voice

I just bought an Echo Dot for my elderly father, mainly for reminders about medication times and other things if he needs it.

The trouble is he says "I didn't understand what it said" he says it was to fast for him. I've looked into how to slow down the speech but it doesn't look as though you can.

Can anyone tell me if this feature is in development? Or if they would consider to put this feature in? These devices can be so vital to elderly people but some just can't understand them with the fast speech.

I also bought a Echo Plus for myself, I love it, I don't have trouble with it but it's unfortunate my father does. Please think about older people using these devices and I hope something comes soon.

alexa voice service
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

DannyUK avatar image
DannyUK commented

Nobody from the Amazon team know about this then? I thought someone might have been able to help me with this question.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

LiamDeLee avatar image
LiamDeLee commented

https://forums.developer.amazon.com/content/idea/81463/slow-down-the-output-speech.html

there is already a voting for this maybe also like this one to make it one big group and not small individuale once

2 comments

I've already voted for it and commented on there. Nobody has said either way whether it is going to be made.

0 Likes 0 ·

as you probably know Amazon is never sayin anything about future releases to not get peoples hopes up and to not get the blame of "you promised this and we still not have it" stuff. But normally if there is enough backing for this they will probably add a feature that can do this for you.

ofcourse if you skill has a set amount answers you could speak it in yourself and play it out as an mp3 file (or be even more crazy and build a skill that does this for a set amount of skills ;))

0 Likes 0 ·
Tryanything1ce avatar image
Tryanything1ce commented

Same problem here, Alexa speaks too fast for my parents to understand. Can I slow the voice to 1/2 speed?

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.