Idea

OnceAT avatar image
OnceAT suggested

Automatically add "Premium" to all premium brand T Shirts

Please automatically attach the word "Premium" to the title of all premium brand t shirts. When searching for t shirts there is no indication on the search page if a shirt is premium or standard. This would save time for customers who prefer one over the other. Since Amazon is now removing listings that reference quality, designers who sell premium shirts at a higher cost than standard shirts are at a disadvantage because search results give no indication as to why one shirt (bella vs anvil) is more expensive than another.

t-shirt
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

newuser-11153c4f-e54f-4a09-b425-b87059803d2e avatar image
newuser-11153c4f-e54f-4a09-b425-b87059803d2e commented

I don't think Amazon will do this because I think the word "premium" is just for the designers reference. If you've bought the premium brand you'll see that there's not much difference in the quality or overall look/style of the basic" T-shirt vs the Premium. Additionally, this would puts Amz on the hook for having to define or justify what the term means. It's a very subjective term, and inevitably the customers would fuss non stop about not getting the premium or their version of what they believe "Premium" means to them - and what they didn't get for the price. I would say it's not worth it to Amz.

However- What I would really love to see regarding premium shirts - is the ability to have a detail page listing that includes both Basic and Premium shirts for the one design. Let us choose a separate price for each brand, and separate colors for each brand. Then the customer can visibly see the difference between the two styles of shirts while clicking through the thumbnails of the shirts. The customer can make a choice of what they prefer right then and there. This will cut way down on 100's of duplicate listings for the same shirt but different brand. Would also save a lot on Amazons Main frame computer resources.

I love to sell the Premium brand but I sell it at a higher cost then the Basic brand for obvious reasons. And may times Amz will show the premium shirt in the category selection, which will cost more than all the other shirts in that category and unless the customer clicks on my brand name link they won't know that they can get the same design on the basic shirt for a lower cost.

But overall if the customer had the choice right up front to see both brands and see the difference I think it would increase the sales of the Premium shirts, and at the same time give the customer a choice if price is an issue. Just some thoughts, cheers

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

noveltees avatar image
noveltees commented

It would make more sense for amazon to let the buyer select the type of shirt and color. Commission would stay the same and buyers end price would be increased if they want a premium shirt.

stacy avatar image
stacy commented

I would love to see this as well! I disagree that there is not much difference in quality between Premium and Standard. I've ordered both and I think there is a world of difference. The premium is cut longer, much softer, doesn't shrink as much in the wash, and in my opinion the colors look better. To the point where as a custome I won't buy a design now if it only comes in standard. I'd love to see Amazon make it easier for cusotmers to determine quality.

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.