Idea

JW Access avatar image
JW Access suggested

Add ending offset for audio playback

Currently, we can specify the starting offset for audio playback, which is great. I would like to request that we can optionally specify an ending offset. This would allow Alexa to play a snippet of audio from an audio file.

I'm sure there are many scenarios where a developer would want to do this. I've seen the question asked a few times in the forums. I have a specific need to play subsets of audio files based on a users request. This would be a great help.

feature requestaudioalexa skills kit
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jojo avatar image
Jojo commented

I also think this would be a good idea! Would definitely help polish a Skill I'm developing so that the audio doesn't abruptly start when using an offset

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

exalien avatar image
exalien commented

I also have need for this feature!

ec avatar image
ec commented

Will be great to have this feature

koalawave avatar image
koalawave commented

yep, I'd like this as well

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.