Idea

JJ1010 avatar image
JJ1010 suggested

Brand Confusion due to fuzzy search logic

Currently, when you search my brand some other t-shirts come up because they are showing *images* that use my brand name, though they are a different brand of t-shirt. This happens on the website if you simply search my brand on Amazon. If you click on the link above a t-shirt, on the website, you get only my tees. However, when you click on the brand name above a t-shirt *on the app* you get the mixed results again. This is the result of a fuzzy search query form. Would it be possible to limit the the search query to only the brand names on the app, so that only 1 brand of goods would turn up?

branding
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

TEES avatar image
TEES commented

your algorithms need to get built in ...just tweet (and social) your SKU urls like crazy and it will happen. It did for me.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

JJ1010 avatar image
JJ1010 commented

Thanks Tees. It does seem that mixing my product when you click on the brand link (in the app) with other people's products just adds confusion, given that a tighter search algorithm would solve the issue simply. Also, if those brand names were unique, then we could all use them to send customers to our "store". And we could advertise to that url.

Since you seem to respond often on the boards, and have experience and insight, I'm going to sub-comment this post... Speaking of advertising, why doesn't Amazon have an easy way for Merch vendors to advertise on Amazon?

gegegeo avatar image
gegegeo commented

I noticed the same issue. I solved it by making my brand names even more unique.

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.