Idea

Digiholic avatar image
Digiholic suggested

It happened as predicted! We are in a mess & MBA should help us!

I believe it was @Pratik who predicted once the 60 day no sales product removal thing started, that our designs would get removed and the copycats would have our designs.

I just confirmed it happened to me, so I'm sure it's happening TO ALL OF US. My shirt was removed because it had 0 sales - however - it was scraped, copied or stolen whatever you want to call it, anyway! Now Google Shopping is full of THIEVES THAT HAVE STOLEN MY DESIGN and I have no recourse since mine just got REMOVED! REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so freaking MAD RIGHT NOW!!!

MBA has created this MESS. EMAILED BEZOS (before i even noticed this). What a great day.

copyright
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

OnceAT avatar image
OnceAT commented

This is going to be a HUGE mess with holiday designs even within the Merch platform!

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Chris avatar image
Chris commented

You're right Digiholic, p4p copies are everywhere. Amazon mentioned a new tool, but it does not address the root of the problem: fixing large images so they are not grabbed in the first place. You can always upload your design again, but that's not much comfort given the huge problem we have with both onsite and offsite p4p copycats.

ArtistLady avatar image
ArtistLady commented

Digiholic my heart goes out to you and the others dealing with this! Tell ya the truth, I'm afraid to look at Google Shopping because I'm afraid I'll see the same thing.

1 comment

I understand not wanting to know. But once you see YOUR images splashed all over the internet, being sold by thieves as THEIR own, you feel violated. It is a violation and it's illegal!

I knew copycats would happen, but not to this extent.

I will not be uploading any new designs either.

Anyone who does is merely giving them away, for free, but it will cost you! Your sales and your business.

1 Like 1 ·
KJ avatar image
KJ commented

Would vote for this if I could. Many of mine are floating all over google shopping. Quite the bummer. Hope Amazon eventually makes some kind of effort to protect our designs.

TEES avatar image
TEES commented

Is this your original artwork that you drew (not from stock art or google images) or a compilation words you used? Just curious.

1 comment

All original. Either I drew it, created from my own photography, or included graphics that I purchased with an extended license. I even purchased the fonts for commercial use.

I don't use stock images or google images and I don't look to see what is selling & then make my own version of it like many people suggest! That little business practice only encourages copycats! So here we are.

0 Likes 0 ·
newuser-33c67563-8dc7-458c-a718-9c35e6000f34 avatar image
newuser-33c67563-8dc7-458c-a718-9c35e6000f34 commented

The opposite happens as well.. my designs published on other PODs are scraped and uploaded to Merch by Amazon. I've been waiting for 8 months to get onboard Merch to publish my work before copycats can get to my work and instead the team at Merch approves copycats instead of me.... at the end of the day... I have to keep sending DMCAs to Amazon for their lack of stringent background checks on new sellers...

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.