Idea

Epic Shirts avatar image
Epic Shirts suggested

Allow Designs With No Sales To Be Relaunchable Following The 60 Day Period

As it is, on average content creators see maybe 40% (if that many)of uploaded designs having sales during the initial 60 day period. After this period, many of us will inevitably end up re-uploading many of these designs, after being judged worthwhile.

I have personally seen many designs sell well after being given the second chance, and am extremely pleased by that.

I think it would be in the best interest of all of us to add a tab that gives the option to relaunch designs that have fallen victim to the timer.

merch by amazon
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Fredrik avatar image
Fredrik commented

I'm confused about this suggestion. What do you mean by an "uploaded design" or a "sale"?

By "uploaded design", do you mean a published skill? Does this mean that if you publish a skill and no one adds it to their Echo or Dot within sixty days, the skill is removed from the catalog?

Also, what do you mean by "sale"? Last I checked, you can't charge for skills. What are you selling?

2 comments

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

wtf are you talking about?

0 Likes 0 ·

Fredrik - this is the Merch By Amazon forum... the products sold are t-shirts.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sunny Street avatar image
Sunny Street commented

Agree. After my application was approved, I uploaded 25 designs. None sold and expired. Re-uploaded them. Then half of them started selling.

amazoncustomer avatar image
amazoncustomer commented

This is a circular suggestion that would defeat the whole purpose of the 60 day rule. It would be the same as having no timer if all you had to to do was a click a few buttons and the shirt would be live again in the marketplace

1 comment

I agree. Making a person upload again is a hassle, but that is the point. If I do upload a deleted design, I double check everything, see what can be improved.

If it was as easy as clicking one button, the whole system becomes pointless. Once people get in the higher tiers, they can upload tons of garbage and see if they get lucky.

1 Like 1 ·
Ricardo Almeida avatar image
Ricardo Almeida commented

It doesn't make sense.

1 comment

why doesn't it make sense? You are likely sitting on many designs you may consider duds, but which would sell if you give it another chance.

0 Likes 0 ·
newuser-9c8ca170-a23a-425d-9d86-56608ddad231 avatar image
newuser-9c8ca170-a23a-425d-9d86-56608ddad231 commented

I have designs on other platforms that take 6-9 months to sell and then they sell like hotcakes.

Ryan Tomlinson avatar image
Ryan Tomlinson commented

Defeats the purpose

T-Shirt Design Fan avatar image
T-Shirt Design Fan commented

I don't understand the need for this when you can just upload it again. I think the point of the 60 day timer is to remove designs that don't sell and clutter up the marketplace, so adding an easy relaunch button just means it will be easier to keep re-uploading more designs that don't sell. I understand your point that some of them eventually do but wouldn't that just add to the cluttered problem again if everyone could easily re-launch? Like Ryan said, doesn't this defeat the purpose of the 60 day timer? Maybe I'm missing something.

Epic Shirts avatar image
Epic Shirts commented

Why upload all over again when you can relaunch with one button click? It does not defeat the purpose if you think a design will sell. It has happened multiple times with multiple people, it's not shooting in the dark. Indeed, some designs do not deserve a second chance but some do. It is also not mandated that you have to relaunch designs. Many of my allotted daily uploads are doing the same thing again, and month after month I end up with more permanent designs that sell (again many of them given a second chance)

Katie from CA avatar image
Katie from CA commented

My problem with re-uploading is that is clutters up my dashboard. I would prefer a tab. And I would prefer that if I am the one deleting the design, it simply goes away.

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.