Idea

Pratik avatar image
Pratik suggested

Disallow Unverified Buyers To Leave Reviews On Merch by Amazon Listings

Based on my previous topic which got a raving and positive response, I'm posting this now as a feature/suggestion in this appropriate forum.

-------------------

I would like to make a suggestion that I feel all would welcome (except scammers and cheats, of course).

We know that Amazon welcomes product reviews from all the buyers, verified and unverified (i.e. those who purchased the said item from Amazon or not). And that's okay. We cannot contest or say anything in that regards as we may not know if the reviewer is lying or not as that item is available to be purchased at retail stores.

But, with Merch by Amazon, it is clear that all Merch by Amazon T-Shirts are sold ONLY via Amazon.com. Therefore if an unverified reviewer is leaving a bad review, it should be very clear that he/she has an extremely low mentality and is trying to game the system by making his peer's listing look bad by leaving bad reviews.

Such people should be already banned, but that's a talk for another day. But for now, what I'd like to suggest is - what if we stop/disable unverified buyers (people who has not purchased) Merch By Amazon t-shirts to leave a review and get an error that they have to be a verified buyer to leave the review? That'd stop these bad people to a greater extent. I know for the fact that Amazon does this on some of their very own products because they know they are not available for sale elsewhere.

Why not do same for Merch?

Any constructive feedback on this idea is welcome by Amazon staff and other MBA members.

Thanks.

merch by amazon
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Maverick Merchant avatar image
Maverick Merchant commented

I have just been looking at a niche today and was amazed by what I saw in the reviews for one particular seller, who is obviously gaming the system. For example, one shirt had more than 10 reviews, all 5 Star and all unverified. The only verified one gave it 1 Star and complained about blurred image. The overall star rating was very high, because of the invalid ratings. This is something that needs to be addressed urgently, please.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Pratik avatar image
Pratik commented

@Leia@Amazon Still counting on you for this.

I mean WHY ALLOW UNVERIFIED BUYERS TO LEAVE REVIEWS?

Copper Star Media avatar image
Copper Star Media commented

I think this should be implemented across the board for Amazon in general, but it probably won't. Amazon is built on reviews, whether they come from an amazon purchase or not. I know I go to look at reviews when I'm considering buying elsewhere. Amazon is a review site as much as it is it's own shopping site. I will say that forcing "purchase only" reviews though, would give the reviews more legitimacy. Especially, now that more and more people are understanding how product creators can manipulate them.

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.