Idea

dbbldz avatar image
dbbldz suggested

Please remove the designs violating the content policy FIRST before coming down on newcomers.

The current design content already approved on Amazon for better or worse acts as a guidepost to newcomers for what Amazon will allow to be sold and not get rejected on the site. My suggestion to Amazon would be to first remove all of the shirts that are clearly violating the policy before policing the newest designers to the platform. If there's a shirt that clearly has a swear word on it and the description uses a hyphen to "trick" the system... people are just going to assume that's acceptable. When I'm not sure if something will fly with you guys or not I look to see what's there and when I see MUCH worse stuff I assume everything will be Ok and then I get my designs rejected with no explanation. I think many others are finding this confusing as well.

policy update
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

L. Frase avatar image
L. Frase commented

Do not assume that just because others do something that it's okay. It's best to read up on the content policies, ask here or in a Facebook group if unsure, and if in doubt; don't.

2 comments

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I mean sure. But new users are going to assume. There's a difference between a policy in writing and that same policy enforced. I'm suggesting that Amazon not have different execution of policy from account to account. I'm continually getting a shirt rejected that does not appear to be in direct violation of any policy yet there are shirts that prominently display the F word on them. Seems a bit unfair.

0 Likes 0 ·

Shirts with profanity are currently rejected from the system, but they haven't all been found and removed by Amazon...yet. If you're getting shirts rejected, then that tells me you're not doing your homework.

0 Likes 0 ·
John Adams avatar image
John Adams commented

I can't support this. One reason is because copycats who have been suspended are now probably getting newer accounts, and I can't support them not having the rules enforced equally.

1 comment

That's exactly what I'm calling for... having the rules enforced equally. As it stands the rules are NOT getting enforced equally. Those with older accounts are allowed to skirt the rules while newcomers are getting designs rejected left and right. I wasn't proposing that we let anyone do whatever they want. Just that amazon should practice what they preach and clean house if they are going to go commando on new users.

0 Likes 0 ·
MericaMan avatar image
MericaMan commented

I don't understand how another day passes and still there are a massive amount of infringers still just making money. I'm losing hope

Amazon Customer avatar image
Amazon Customer commented

Due to compliance and copycat issues I would recommend the following. Please feel free to delete, comment and/or add step 3 and so forth as need be;

Joining Merch by Amazon requirements:

Step 1: Apply to be a contributor after reading and understanding the training manual. The training manual contains technical requirements and terms of service for Merch by Amazon. You have to pass the ‘Training Manual Simple Test'’ for Merch by Amazon to be a contributor.

Step 2: Upload 3 t-shirt designs samples. These designs will be reviewed by the Merch by Amazon staff for quality assurance, terms of service compliance and technical requirements. If the designs don't meet the company's standards, you can take the test again after 3 months.

1 comment

Do you really think that people who are blatantly copying or getting around the current rules won't just "read" the training manual and upload shirts that are fine, and then just cheat the system anyhow?

1 Like 1 ·

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.