Idea

Pratik avatar image
Pratik suggested

[New Policy Related Feature] - Allow To Easily Relist A Deleted/Removed Design

Hello,

While we are still figuring how would we go around dealing with new policy, we sort of need to prepare ourselves for it anyway. So I am requesting this feature in advance.

As we know the designs will be deleted if they don't sell after "X" days of being published. But some (or many) of our designs are actually high quality and we would like to give a shot again to be able to sell it. But as you can guess, uploading all these again makes it very gruesome & tiring work (to find design, descriptions, write-up, etc).

From what I gathered in FAQ, there will be a section listing the removed designs. So can you give us an option like the manage tab where there will be a "Relist" option next to each deleted design? Doing so will make it go through the same process as if it was uploaded as a new design (review, processing & finally approved state). This will save us countless hours from re-uploading.

Like I said, not all designs will be re-uploaded otherwise there'd be no use of this policy. But the designs we know would do well as the market saturation decreases would be good to relist.

Additionally to protect abuse of this feature, Amazon can also limit relists/day as per the tier levels a person is on. For example, a 100 tier person can relist 5 designs/day, 500 to 15/day, 1000 to 25/day, 4000 to 50/day and 8000 to 100/day.

This would be a very savvy feature for us despite of this new policy coming into the effect.

Please do consider this.

Thank you.

merch by amazon
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

L. Frase avatar image
L. Frase commented

I think that this is a reasonable suggestions.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Pratik avatar image
Pratik commented

Also want to say that it would be great to get the same ASIN when we relist it. Since it is mentioned in FAQs that the product URL will still exist but will show unavailable. So that could be reworked on relisting and be on sale again on the same URL. That way the URLs stay valid wherever we promoted in past as well (social media, etc) and are not dead links anymore and there's a chance to get sales from the past efforts we did.

Mike avatar image
Mike commented

I think, in order to discourage people from blindly reuploading every design that gets pulled, there could be some sort of a limit as to how many times someone can reupload the same listing. Maybe a "three strike" policy. if you upload a listing and it doesn't sell in 60 days, it gets pulled and you have your first strike. At that point, you can choose to make changes to the keywords, listing details, price, colors, whatever...and reupload. If 60 more days pass and it doesn't sell again, it's pulled down for strike two. You get one more chance to adjust and reupload, if it doesn't sell again, strike three, design removed, ASIN revoked, listing gone. Of course you'd then be able to upload the same listing as a new listing, but why would you? At that point you've had three chances and half of a year to get it right and maybe the design is just not good, and in the words of my daughter's favorite Disney (or should I say Dis-ney) character, "Let It Go!"

2 comments

The logistics of this would be crazy. In theory it sounds good, but I don't think it could happen.

0 Likes 0 ·

I'm not sure why. These are just different levels of processing. Live, Removed, Live 2, Removed, Live 3, Permanently Removed. It could all still be automated. This is Amazon we're talking about, these guys can certainly make this work. Honestly, I'm good with the one strike policy, but you know it'll just become mass re-uploads after every design is removed. If they make it too easy to reupload, people won't even have to think about it. If they know there is a limit to how many times they can reupload, they'll be forced to carefully consider the changes they make to some designs, or forced to look at their "duds" as failed and move on. If they want to make it one strike, great, people will still have to go through the procedure to completely upload the design as new, and as we all know, folks are lazy, they'll take the path of least resistance and allow the duds to die without a reupload. So basically, it's got to be either a total pain in the butt for content creators to relist a design, or it has to be easy to reupload, but with a specific limit.

0 Likes 0 ·
Patton avatar image
Patton commented

No offense, but if this was implemented, why delete the originals at all?

This may help your business, but it defeats the point of deleting the designs that don't sell.

If you don't have time to go through the designs that haven't sold, then your quality control is set too low.

1 comment

Yeah, I'm good with this too! In fact, the only thing I wouldn't like, at this point, is for Amazon to do nothing. I think their system is overpopulated. They need a good purge. The fact that it only effects non-sellers makes it a non-issue to me. Any clean up that could lead to new, improved options for us (perhaps additional apparel options) is a good change!

0 Likes 0 ·
Pratik avatar image
Pratik commented

@JL Patton

Like I said, it is for easy relisting of the designs that we think will sell now as the market saturation decreased due to deletion of other low quality listings. And that is why I suggested relisting limits/day depending upon the tier the person is on. And those were mostly examples, Amazon can set those limits to be still lower as they deem appropriate.

Amy avatar image
Amy commented

I deleted almost all of my shirts after upload to Merch. Why? Because I never anticipated this change.

Please let us have the opportunity to rework existing designs IF we want by making them dormant until we can re-upload (if needed) if amazon pulls for no sales in the 60 day window

I personally started pushing out Christmas shirts in August. Many of those designs will be removed given the timeframe that now exists

If we can re-upload with changes, that would be ideal. And PLEASE consider posting these changes here instead to get some insight from designers on the ground...not just a handful of sellers that don't speak for the majority

Thanks

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.