Idea

ScottFromWyoming avatar image
ScottFromWyoming suggested

Kill this forum

99% of questions posted to this forum are repeats and will be asked again in a week, so it's of little use to anyone who's been a part of Merch for more than a few months. BUT sometimes I come here to see if anyone has an interesting question that I can help with... but these days @Wyatt is answering the question without solving the problem, e.g.:

OP: "Why is my design not uploading?"
W: It has to be 4500 x 5400

...and then he marks the answer as correct and closes the post to more answers. So the OP is still in the dark, and there's no way for me to say "What application are you using?" or ask anything else that might solve the problem for this person.

Ergo, the Merch Forum is more useless than ever (not something I thought could ever be said) and should be discontinued.

merch by amazonforum guidelines
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Muzehack avatar image
Muzehack commented

Welcome to the internet.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

IloveDOTGAIN avatar image
IloveDOTGAIN commented

Not to mention is takes 45+ seconds to load any page...got back, forward, main, etc. Why is the forums of the Worlds Largest Web Service so........dang................slow.................?!

giovane machado avatar image
giovane machado commented

An Alexa stackexchange would be better.

Edit: I spent 8 minutes in load time to post and edit this comment.

newuser-5db4898f-88e1-40f9-ab58-9764b2c5d7c1 avatar image
newuser-5db4898f-88e1-40f9-ab58-9764b2c5d7c1 commented

If you never come back to this forum it will be as if it no longer exists to you.

Muzehack avatar image
Muzehack commented

This post is a prime example of what is wrong with the world or at least the internet.

I don't like something, therefor it should not exist.

Jeff E avatar image
Jeff E commented

From death comes life. This message board software should be tossed out and replaced with something faster and easier to use and with a regular moderator that spends time answering our questions with more than cut-and-paste-gotta-run responses.

For a company worth trillions I would expect this to be the very minimum Amazon should provide for us lowly content providers.

yooperstee avatar image
yooperstee commented

I'm thinking most the answers are robo chat responses. Might be why something is answering in 3 words then auto closing. Yahoo forums suck like this.

Don't believe there is much human interaction here. Been trying to communicate on these forums and it's been frustrating beyond belief. Can't even change the username. It needs a complete change and makeover. Seeing unanswered, ignored good questions from 2017-2019 left abandoned. Shouldn't kill something because it's useless, fix it, although I agree and feel the OP's frustration here.

NatoriSatori avatar image
NatoriSatori commented

It should be required that each user creates a proper user name, and uploads an avatar photo. Bugs me so much all these new-user-88530238274943003 posts with questions that could easily be resolved by reading the best practices guidelines, emailing customer support for why was my account closed questions, or doing a little google search on their issue before cluttering the message board.

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.