Idea

NatoriSatori avatar image
NatoriSatori suggested

Developers: Give ability for EDIT listing to open in new tab

Ok, this is a big one that seriously needs addressing!! Currently on the Manage page whenever we click on the link to edit a listing, it opens within the same browser tab. Right-click 'open in new tab' does not work, there is no option for it due to the way the page is coded.

Now here is why this is an issue:

If you want to update only 1 listing its not really a problem. However, that rarely happens and batch updating is more common. So if you want to update multiple listings this is the biggest frustration and waste of precious time. Lets say someone wants to change the prices of T-shirts in the US market. So they first have to set the search criteria to the US market and T-shirts. Ok, done, good all the listings are right there! Now after clicking on the first listing to edit, they are taken away from that page and into the edit listing page (within the same tab). Ok. Fine. But ... once that is complete and changes are submitted, they are taken back to the Manage page with the search criteria totally reset! So basically you have to start over each and every time.

Now let's say hypothetically someone wanted to change the price of every T-shirt they had listed in the US market. Each time they would have to start the search over setting all the parameters clicking all the boxes again and again AND work their way down the list to find the last place they left off in editing their listings. If they have 100's or 1000's of uploads in that list ....... even if it was 10 or 20...

Developers.. can you imagine the frustration?

Please give the ability for the edit link to open in a new tab! Simply fix.

Personally, I don't want the search criteria to be saveable and reload the same every time, well maybe it would be a nice option, but its definitely not the solution to this problem. The solution to this problem is open in a new tab.

merch by amazon
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mike avatar image
Mike commented

This is why MBA needs to hire some Merch power users. Put them right on the staff so they can identify bottlenecks in the workflow for content creators. Anyone with more than 500 listings knows how frustrating this can be, but I’m guessing the programmers and staff at MBA don’t understand because they don’t have to deal with it.

Great suggestion. I’m with you. Unfortunately, the inept management team at MBA won’t care, so I doubt it’ll go any further than this post.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

NatoriSatori commented

Yes, it's painfully obvious that the developers don't actually use the system... and it's designed for how they think it would work. Every time I've offered some form of feedback I always include: Hire a proper UX Designer and get direct feedback from users! Doesn't seem like MBA cares much though. They should just hire the Pretty Merch guy.. his platform is superb!

NatoriSatori commented

Wow, I just noticed they implemented the ability for edits to open in a new tab!!??

Maybe they are listening...

There's progress happening...

Maybe they will start taking other issues more seriously now too...

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.