If you would like to update the metadata for a skill that you have already published live, you will want to edit the "Development" version within the Developer Portal and resubmit for certification. Metadata includes everything you would find on the "Publishing Information" tab such as example phrases, skill descriptions icons and more. For step by step instructions, please see the following:
- Sign into your Amazon Developer Console.
- Click "Alexa" and then click "Get Started >" under "Alexa Skills Kit."
- You will see two versions of your skill. One labeled "Live" the other "Development." Click "Edit" next to the "Development" version.
- Click on the "Publishing Information" tab.
- Make your desired changes and click "Save."
- Click "Submit for Certification."
- Even though you may see your changes immediately in the Alexa companion app under the development version of the skill, you will still need to "Submit for Certification" for those changes to be published to the skills store.
- It's not possible to change the name of a live skill through the developer console. To do so, file a contact us case instead and provide the skill ID and the name you'd like to change to.
- It's not currently possible to update the invocation name for a skill once it is published live.
Keywords: alexa, skill, certification, testing, metadata, publishing