article

Leia@Amazon avatar image
Leia@Amazon posted

Why was My Product Rejected?

Product listings that do not comply with our policies and/or the Merch by Amazon Services Agreement will be rejected and will not be published. If any of your product(s) were rejected, you will receive an email and the status of the draft will show as “Rejected” on the dashboard. If you wish to resubmit the draft with revisions, you can edit the product description, title and brand name and re-submit. In order to make changes to an image you will need to create a new product.

Here are common reasons for design rejections:

• If your design was rejected for content policy 5.1 Quality, Shipping, and Fulfillment, please review your title, brand and description to ensure that you are not using any language making promises about the quality or brand of the blank product, speed of shipping or fulfillment, and the manufacturing country of origin. For example, using terms such as high quality, printed on a Bella+Canvas t-shirt, satisfaction guaranteed, ships in 2 days, Prime shipping available, or printed in the USA.
  • If your design was rejected for content policy 3.3 Inaccurate Product Descriptions, please carefully review the title, brand and description of your product to ensure that you are not using language which could be potentially misleading to a customer. For example, describing a pregnancy t-shirt as a maternity shirt or a Christmas themed t-shirt as an ugly Christmas sweater.
  • If your design was rejected for content policy 2.3 Profanity, please carefully review your design, title, brand and description to ensure that you are not using profanity.
  • If your design was rejected for Content Policy 1.2 Trademark, please refer to the USPTO website. Please ensure that you are not using any trademarked terms in your design, title, brand or product description. If you choose to use trademarks to which you do not own rights, your design may be rejected. For more information you can review the Intellectual Property section of our FAQ page. Amazon takes trademark infringement very seriously. At times, our policies may appear more conservative than your own lawyer would advise you is necessary.We do this to protect Amazon customers, content creators, third-party brands and Amazon itself from the repercussions of infringing content.
  • If your design was rejected for Content Policy 1.3 Copyright, please consider that Amazon takes copyright infringement very seriously. At times, our policies may appear more conservative than your own lawyer would advise you is necessary.We do this to protect Amazon customers, content creators, third-party brands and Amazon itself from the repercussions of infringing content. Some questions you should ask yourself about copyright rejections:
    • Did I copy this design from another designer?
    • Am I using someone else’s intellectual property in my image, title or description?
    • Is my design, title, brand or description infringing on someone else’s publicity rights?
    • Did I get images for my design from the internet?
    • Did I review the intellectual property section of the FAQ page?

If the Content Policy guideline in your rejection email is not listed above, please check your rejection email and match it to the guideline on our Content Policy web page here.

If you believe a rejected design complies with our policies and you have the proper rights to use the intellectual property contained in the product's image, description, title and brand name, please contact us with the proper documentation. Documentation demonstrating that you have valid intellectual property rights must be either a confirmation letter from the intellectual property rights holder with a formal signature or a copy of the applicable license agreement. We are unable to accept informal claims of rights.

merch by amazon
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Article

Contributors

Elizabeth contributed to this article leia contributed to this article