article

Seema Ramdev avatar image
Seema Ramdev posted

AWS Promotional Credits for hosting most Alexa Skills for free

As an Alexa developer, you can build and host most of your skill free by enrolling into the AWS promotional credits program. While many developers take advantage of the AWS free tier (which offers one million AWS Lambda requests and up to 750 hours of Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) compute time per month at no charge), the AWS credits program supports additional cost beyond AWS free Tier limits, and offers promotional credits to developers hosting their skills on AWS.

If you have already published or are building an Alexa skill, you can apply for the program.

Benefits:

1. If eligible, you receive a $100 AWS promotional credit.
  2. In succeeding months, you may be eligible to receive an additional $100 per month in AWS promotional credits if you incur AWS usage charges for your skill.
  3. It helps you build engaging skills by giving access to more AWS infrastructure. Read our blog for more information.

Q1: How does it work and how do I apply?

image.pngFill in the application to enroll:

1. Last Name
  2. Email Address
  3. AWS Account ID: To find your AWS Account ID, visit your AWS account settings.
  4. Vendor ID: To find your Vendor ID, log in to the developer portal and then visit the vendor detail page.
  5. Country

Q2: When does one become eligible for AWS credit?

A: Once you submit the application and have at least one live skill in the previous month that incurs any charges, you are entitled to get credits.

Q3: Can one apply for AWS credits skill, even if there are no live skills?

A: Yes, you can apply even before a live skill, and once your application gets accepted, the credit will be sent to your account on 15th of every month and you will also receive email notification of the same.

Q4: If entire $100 credits are not consumed in this month, can one use it later?

A: Except the promotional credit of the first month, which is remain for 12 months, the subsequent monthly credit expires if they remain unused.

Q5: Does one need to apply for the monthly AWS promotional credits separately?

A: No, you only need to apply once.

Q6: How do I apply credits to my account?

A: Your promotional credit will be applied to your AWS account automatically. To view your active promotional credits, see the Credits page of your AWS account.

Q7: Whom can I contact in case of billing issues related to AWS credits.

A: You can reach out to AWS billing support team for any concerns not covered in FAQs. While reaching out, please ensure to provide your AWS ID for the team to swiftly support your concern.

For more information on AWS Promotional Credits, see the AWS Promotional Credit Terms & Conditions.

Happy skill building!

alexa skills kitskill builderaws promotional credits
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Article

Contributors

Seema contributed to this article