article

Karunish@Amazon avatar image
Karunish@Amazon posted

FAQ's for ACK Module with Espressif chipset

What is ACK Module with Espressif chipset?
ACK Module with Espressif chipset is another Alexa Connect Kit (ACK) Module that device makers can use to prototype smart IoT products to add Alexa command and control capabilities in it. The ACK Module with Espressif chipset is currently available for developer preview only.

What features are available/unavailable in ACK Module with Espressif chipset developer preview?
For developer preview, device makers are able to prototype a product by using new ACK Module with Espressif chipset i.e. perform product provisioning, registration, command and control, generate logs, metrics and access all available ACK module firmware CLI commands at module provisioned, product provisioned and product locked stages. Developers are able to use existing latest ACK device SDK to create HMCU applications with ACK Module with Espressif chipset. Developers are also able to perform OTW updates of firmware on ACK Module with Espressif chipset using Module Utility 5.0.10.0 designed for this specific module.
Performing OTA updates for ACK firmware, HMCU firmware and zero touch setup (ZTS) are unavailable with developer preview of ACK Module with Espressif chipset.

Note: After module is locked using lockmodule CLI, Over-the-air (OTA) or Over-the-wire (OTW) updates to ACK Module firmware (ACK Module with Espressif chipset) are disabled. Avoid using this command with ACK Module with Espressif chipset firmware 1643 version unless for mass production testing.

How can I access ACK Module with Espressif chipset? From where can I order it?
Please send an email to ack-apply@amazon.com if you want to try ACK Module with Espressif chipset in developer preview.

From where can I download tools and resources required for ACK Module with Espressif chipset?
All required tools and resources for developer preview of ACK Module with Espressif chipset can be downloaded from ACK developer console resources page. You need to have a registered Amazon developer account to access these resources.

Can I use ACK module firmware 1332 to flash on new ACK Module with Espressif chipset modules?
No. ACK module firmware 1332 is meant for a different hardware platform of ACK Module and should not be used to flash on ACK Module with Espressif chipset. Using ACK module firmware 1332 on ACK Module with Espressif chipset might render the device unresponsive and in unrecoverable state.

Is new Firmware 1643 for ACK Module with Espressif chipset developer preview compatible with existing ACK modules? Can I use it to flash my ACK Module with MediaTek chipset?
No, Firmware 1643 (developer preview) is compatible only with ACK Module with Espressif chipset and should not be used to update existing ACK Module with MediaTek chipset from USI. Using Firmware 1643 (developer preview) on ACK Module with MediaTek chipset might render the device unresponsive and in unrecoverable state.

Is Module Utility 5.0.10.0 compatible with existing ACK Modules with MediaTek chipset?
No. Module Utility 5.0.10.0 is designed for compatibility with ACK Module with Espressif chipset only.

Is ACK Device SDK 3.1 compatible with existing ACK Modules with MediaTek chipset?
Yes. You can use ACK Device SDK 3.1 in conjunction with both ACK Module with MediaTek chipset and ACK Module with Espressif chipset.

How do I report issues for ACK Module with Espressif chipset developer preview?
Please reach out to your specific ACK Solution Architect to report issues with ACK Module with Espressif chipset developer preview. You can also send an email to ack-apply@amazon.com to report issues. You can also post about your issues on ACK developer forum.

Can I use ACK Module with Espressif chipset firmware for commercial manufacturing?
No. ACK Module with Espressif chipset is in developer preview phase only and should not be used for commercial manufacturing at this time.

When can I start using ACK Module with Espressif chipset for commercial manufacturing?
Please send an email to ack-apply@amazon.com to know more details about availability of ACK Module with Espressif chipset for commercial manufacturing.

troubleshootingack
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Article

Contributors

karunish contributed to this article