This article covers when a Payment notification regarding Alexa Rewards is received (all locales except India) but the payment has not been processed yet. Please note that Rewards for India are only available to developers located in India. For more details, please refer to Frequently Asked Questions.
Possible Cause 1: You have not provided information
If you do not provide payment and tax information, we can’t proceed. In addition, if you do not provide payment and tax information within 90 days from when you were notified by email that your skill has earned rewards, you will forfeit the reward. Please make sure that you provide payment and tax information properly.
- Sign into the Alexa Developer Console
- Click Settings tab and find Payment information tab
- All developers who use the Amazon developer portal and have to update and maintain their payment information from “Settings” > “Payment Information” need to use two-step verification to access this page. If you have an issue with two-step verification to access this page, please contact customer support directly.
- Select Yes to the question: “Do you plan to monetize your digital content, such as charging for apps or games or selling in-app items or in-game items, or by receiving cash rewards for your skills?”
- Complete your payment information. Please fill out correct information such as Account holder, Account type or Account number.
- Under the Settings section, go to the Tax identity tab
- Update the details in the Royalty Tax Identity Interview section. Please make sure the Status Completed once you have done.
Possible Cause 2: Payment is in the process
Amazon will make a payment approximately 30 days after the end of the calendar month in which the revenue for a skill was generated. For example, Amazon would make a payment for any skill revenue that occurred in April at the end of May, which is approximately 30 days after the end of April. Checks can take up to 6-8 weeks to arrive. Please check your account depends on your payment type.
Possible Cause 3: Payment does not meet thresholds
The payment must meet the applicable threshold based on your payment type and the currency of that marketplace:
・Direct Deposit (EFT): $0 USD, €0 EUR, £0 GBP, ¥0 JPY, or $0 CAD
・Wire: $100 USD, €100 EUR, £100 GBP, ¥10,000 JPY, or $100 CAD
・Check: $100 USD, €100 EUR, £100 GBP, or $100 CAD