In-skill purchasing (ISP) lets you sell premium content such as game features and interactive stories with a custom interaction model. Buying in-skill products should be seamless to a customer. Take a look at our Certification Tips for Monetized Alexa Skills for details on implementing this feature.
If you decide to add in-skill product(s) and they only work on a device with a screen, your skill must include the following disclaimer:
"This [insert premium content description here] can only be accessed on a device with a screen."
For example: “This Premium Facts Pack can only be accessed on a device with a screen."
In terms of where to add these messages within your skill, it’s important to note the following:
- For entitlements and consumables: the disclaimer must be included in the purchase prompt description
- For subscriptions: the skill must include an up-sell message, and then include the disclaimer in that up-sell message
Additional information to keep in mind regarding ISP is as follows:
- Up-sells are instances in which you recommend a product to your customer
- You should ensure that your product offers occur in a context that makes sense to the user. A user should know what they are being asked to purchase and why
- Your skill’s purchase prompt should not include the list price and the product suggestion and purchase prompt should be different
- No up-sells should occur for discontinued products
For more on how to edit your purchase prompt description and up-sell message, please refer to the documentation here: