question

davey avatar image
davey asked

AMAZON.HelpIntent collides with dialogs using AMAZON.Movie (Beatles?)

After spending a day troubleshooting my language model, I've found that the required AMAZON.HelpIntent collides with AMAZON.Movie built-in type when used as a slot type in a dialog (maybe also when not in a dialog, I didn't test that).

I'm guessing it's colliding with the Beatles' "Help" Movie. Alexa will return a spiel about helping with bluetooth connections etc. So she clearly heard the utterance, but decides not to give it to the top-level language model intent.

Here are the pertinent sections in the language model:

The intent:

{
"name": "MovieQueryIntent",
"samples": [
  "What time is {movieName} playing",
  "When is {movieName} playing",
  "What time {movieName} is playing",
  "What time {movieName} starts",
  "What time {movieName} is showing"
],
"slots": [
  {
	"name": "movieName",
	"type": "AMAZON.Movie",
	"samples": [
	  "{movieName}"
	]
  }
]
}

The prompts:

{
  "id": "Elicit.Intent-MovieQueryIntent.IntentSlot-movieName",
  "variations": [
     {
       "type": "PlainText",
       "value": "Which movie?"
     }
  ]
}

The dialog:

{
"name": "MovieQueryIntent",
"confirmationRequired": false,
"prompts": {},
"slots": [
  {
    "name": "movieName",
    "type": "AMAZON.Movie",
    "elicitationRequired": true,
    "confirmationRequired": false,
    "prompts": {
       "elicitation": "Elicit.Intent-MovieQueryIntent.IntentSlot-movieName"
     }
   }
 ]
}
helpdialog modelbuilt-in library
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

KirkC@Amazon avatar image
KirkC@Amazon answered

Hi davey. This is an issue on our end that a couple other developers have reported. While our engineering team is aware of the issue, the conflict is being caused in part by the slot elicitation in AMAZON.Movie. In the meantime, they've suggested a couple workarounds you could try:

1. Extend the built-in AMAZON.HelpIntent with "help" as a sample utterance, save the interaction model and build.

2. If that doesn't work, you can disable slot elicitation under AMAZON.Movie by un-checking the box under "REQ", save the interaction model and click build.

1 comment
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks for the suggestions! Adding help as a sample utterance to AMAZON.HelpIntent, I've already tried that one and it does not improve the situation. I've experimented with unchecking REQ, but not in an isolated fashion recently. I will see if this helps.

0 Likes 0 ·