question

Hauke avatar image
Hauke asked ·

API to access the integrated hub in the Echo plus?

I hope this hadn't been asked before, unfortunatly the search funtion is currently broken so I could not look it up: As I wrote: is it possible to use the integrated Zigbee hub in the Echo plus via an API? Usage example: Lets say, I have a window-sensor. If the window is opened, I want to tell all my (Hue, Lightify, Tradfri, you name it ...) lights to start flashing. Or maybe send a SOS as morse code :-)

Is something like that possible? Or Do I need to revert to an external Zigbee bridge for something like that?

apiecho plus
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Brian@Amazon avatar image
Brian@Amazon answered ·

For information about zigbee hub integration email wwaa@amazon.com

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

newuser-233a840b-097f-4931-bab8-4875c6861098 avatar image
newuser-233a840b-097f-4931-bab8-4875c6861098 answered ·

Hello Brian, I have the same question and I can not see where your hint is leading too. WWAA itselfe does not cope with this question either. First I was asked form the WWAA team to supply a Smart Home Skill. But the whole API is made up for external Gateways, not the use only of Echo Plus.

7 comments

Thanks for that information. Let me follow up with the wwaa team.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hello Brian, thank you. Any news about this? WWAA team still requires a skill ID; skill testing team still does not use front end commands but tries to trigger Lambda function form CLI/backend with no result on Echo Plus installations. As the Alexa Smart Home Skill API is missing the commands to sent Echo Plus a "directive" or an "event" including e.g. a discovery command, its like catch 22.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi Brian,

let me know if any further info, this is exactly what I want too.

0 Likes 0 ·
Brian@Amazon avatar image Brian@Amazon ♦ newuser-5c7b6ea0-8100-43ec-b0ed-65457f4a55aa ·

Any questions regarding echo plus hub integration should be directed to wwa-support@amazon.com

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
mcbert avatar image
mcbert answered ·

push

Would be great to use echo plus connected zigbee devices directly via api, mqtt or node red etc.

push

Would be awesome to access connected zigbee devices also via api (mqtt/node red etc) directly

1 comment

I'd suggest posting this as a feature request in Uservoice for Alexa over here.

Regards,

Jamie

0 Likes 0 ·