question

vallabh avatar image
vallabh asked ·

How to create our own layouts and screens using Fire TV Stick for TV using Android Studio?

fire tvandroidfire app builder
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered ·

Hi vallabh,

Thanks for posting! I would recommend Fire App Builder for creating Fire TV video applications, see:

https://developer.amazon.com/docs/fire-app-builder/overview.html

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

vallabh avatar image
vallabh answered ·

Hi @Levon@Amazon

Yes I have gone through completely. But my doubt is how to customize our own layouts and activities like android app in android fire stick tv (java code, own login pages etc).Can we do this? if yes then how can we achive this

vallabh avatar image
vallabh answered ·

@Levon@AmazonHow did the airtel app in fire tv has it own navigation drawer (side menus) and also how did they did custom login page?

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered ·

Hi vallabh,

Please take a look at some of the available components to customize your Fire App Builder app:

https://developer.amazon.com/docs/fire-app-builder/interfaces-and-components.html

Beyond that, if you need any advanced functionality you will have to create your own app / not from the template. Thanks!